Friday, March 5, 2010

With My Luck...

It was this time last week that I enjoyed a Pliny the Elder at Ron’s Original Bar and Grille in Exton. So last night I checked Ron’s draught beer list and saw that the Pliny was still on. I found that hard to believe because Pliny just doesn’t last that long at other watering holes. I have heard stories of kegs getting kicked in less than an hour from when they were tapped. I had to go to the Exton Mall to pick up a few things anyway and Ron’s is so close that I just couldn’t resist. I had to see if the Pliny was really still on. I call it market research. Unfortunately when I got to Ron’s parking lot it was full. Not only was it full, some folks were circling the parking lot waiting for a spot to become available. That is not something that I am going to do. I don’t care if they are giving the beer away for free. If I wanted to live like that I would move to the city. So I left for home…not knowing if the Pliny was really still on or not but I suspect it was as Ron’s is pretty good about updating their on-line draught list.




This morning (Friday) I noticed that Pliny has been removed from Ron’s draught list. In a weird way that kind of makes me feel better. I say to myself that with my luck, had I decided to fight the crowd and go into Ron’s last night the Pliny probably would have kicked just before I ordered mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment