Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday Follies

Friday night after work and I decide to go to the Flying Pig Saloon in Malvern for a quick drink after work.  I ordered a Crooked Tree IPA From Dark Horse Brewing Company.  I had one of these back in September and didn't really care for it.  I thought it was time to give it another try and I'm glad I did.  This is a great tasting IPA.  The hops are not overdone and there was no unpleasant aftertaste as I remember from before.  Maybe I was just in a bad mood when I had it the first time, I don't know.  Since I was having such good luck I decided to try something else.  Up next was a West of Center Pale Ale from Dock Street Brewing Company.  This is probably the darkest pale ale you are ever going to find.  I liked it a lot.    It had quite a bit of malt flavor especially coming on the heels of that IPA I just drank but I definitely enjoyed this one.  Leave it to the Flying Pig to ensure that something(s) tasty is always going to be on tap.

No comments:

Post a Comment