Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday Night With The Family...Sort Of

With my oldest daughter out of the house for the past week visiting her grandmother I thought we might do something different this Friday night.  I took my two daughters and my wife to Pizzeria Uno's in Exton.  Actually I met them there after I made a detour to the Drafting Room in Exton for a quick one.  I got a Gemini imperial IPA from Southern Tier Brewing Company.  This was quite a nice beer but in a blind taste test I would have never suspected it was and Imperial IPA.  As it turns out I had time for another quick beer so I ordered a Double Trouble Imperial IPA from Founder's Brewing Company.  I usually like this beer but tonight it seemed kind of harsh.  It may be because of the low-hopped beers I have been enjoying lately and that I have on tap at home.  I left in time to meet my wife and kids on the parking lot of Uno's.  We went in and had a nice dinner.  I had a Dead Guy Ale from Rogue Ales Brewery.  It was OK and I'll leave it at that.  My wife suggested I stop at Ron's Original Bar and Grille on the way home.  She was OK taking the kids home and settling in.  As usual I followed her advice.  As usual, Ron's parking lot was packed but as luck would have it I found a spot right out front.  I went in and there is where why my luck ended.  I did manage to get a beer but I was standing.  The beer I had was an IPA from Left Hand Brewing Company.  So far I haven't been impressed with this brewer and tonight is no exception.  Not a bad beer...just nothing exceptional either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment