Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Victory For My Basement

We had a party this past weekend and that was the end of both sixtels I had on tap in my basement.  So I stopped in at Victory Brewing Company tonight in Downingtown to exchange an empty for a full one.  They had a sixtel of something called Smokin' Oats Porter.  Having never had this beer before I thought it would be a good idea to go over to the bar and have one to see if I might want to invest in a sixtel.  It was a very nice porter (smokey as you might expect).   But coming from Victory I was expecting big alcohol or big hops or something extreme but this was more of a traditional porter.  Again, a very good porter.  I would have enjoyed it even more if I could have found a seat at the bar but I have rarely gotten a seat at the bar since the big make-over.  I wish the Victory never expanded the restaurant.  But I digress.  I decided to get a sixtel of Mad King's Weiss to take home.  I wouldn't call Mad King an extreme beer either but it is a great beer and somehow I feel special bringing it home because you can't get this stuff in bottles.  So if you want to enjoy a Mad King you can have one at the brewery, you can take a growler home or you can take a keg home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment