Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday in the Country

Out and about in the country today we ended up at Union Jack's Inn on the Manatawny.  All three kids were asleep in the car and my wife didn't object so I went in for a quick one.  I had something from Dark Horse Brewing Company on Friday that I really enjoyed so I thought it would be a good time to try something else from this brewer.  Today it was a Fore Smoked Stout.  This is an OK stout but nothing special.  It kind of reminded me of the stouts I brewed as a homebrewer.  That's all the draught I had today.  However, I was drinking bottled beer from a mixed case of Founder's that I bought last week and I have to say (if I haven't already) that the Red's Rye is as good from a bottle as it is on draught.  I have had this in kegs at home and on draught at various bars but I insist that the bottled version is just as good as the draught.

No comments:

Post a Comment