Friday, March 12, 2010

Just Another Friday Night II

Another Friday night and I feel the need to have a really nice beer somewhere so I stop at the Flying Pig Saloon in Malvern.  As you may recall I often stop at the Flying Pig when all the other bars in the area are not displaying a great line-up on their on-line tap list.  Flying Pig does not have an on-line tap list and often benefits from this omission, you might say by default.  Well, they usually don't disappoint and tonight is no exception.  I first order a Hopmouth from Arcadia Brewing Company.  This is a nice DIPA.  Not great but not bad either.  I followed that with an Irish Red Ale from Great Lakes Brewing Company.  Well that was my first mistake.  Of course you shouldn't follow a DIPA with an Irish Red Ale.  I couldn't taste the Irish Red.  That is my fault.  But...although I love Great Lakes I think I would not give this beer high marks whether following a DIPA or not.  I have enough doubt though, that I will give it another try when I see it again in the future.

I take my leave and head towards home.  As luck would have it, when I placed my order for the pizza I was told it would be a 30 minute wait.  That leaves me enough time to have a quick one at the Sly Fox in Phoenixville.  I find a seat at the bar and order an Abbey Xtra.  This is a nice dry Belgian-style ale.  I would love to stay for another but my pizza is ready.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment