Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hops and Other Stuff

I went to Exton Beverage after work this evening and picked up a sixtel of Rye Pale Ale from Terrapin Beer Company.  My wife knew I was going to Exton so, as always, she thought of an errand I could run for her while out that way.  So after stopping at Target to pick up a prescription for my daughter I decided to stop in at the Drafting Room for a quick beer before heading home.  It had to be a quick beer because I had a keg in the back seat getting warm.  I was excited about the Drafting Room because they had a big IPA event last Saturday which I was not able to attend but I figured they would have some of the featured beers on tap still.  I was right.  I had an Apex from Bear Republic Brewing Company.  It is an awesome Imperial IPA.  I left satisfied then went home and tapped the Terrapin.  It's nice to have a pale ale on for a change.  At first I miss the big hops of an IPA or imperial but then I remember there is more to beer than hops.  This beer is a good reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment