Friday, March 26, 2010

Flying Pig, Flying Dog, Flying Fish...Whatever

I stopped in at the Flying Pig Saloon in Malvern after work this evening.  First up was a Raging Bitch Belgian-style IPA from Flying Dog Brewery.  I have always maintained that this is a dumb style.  Belgian beers are great.  IPA's are great.  But that doesn't mean that if you combine the two styles you will end up with something great automatically.  I did however enjoy this beer.  For now I am going to credit that to the fact that it was my first beer on a Friday night and almost anything would taste good.  After that I had a Nugget Nectar from Troeg's Brewing Company.  This was a safe choice.  I knew I would love it.  I am a little disappointed in myself because there were other more adventurous beers I could have tried.  Maybe I should have tried that Exit 1 from Flying Fish Brewing Company, I don't know.  I left the Flying Pig and ordered a pizza on the way home.  I had a couple of minutes to spare so I stopped in at the Sly Fox in Phoenixville.  They had something new and unfamiliar on.  It was called McBanes Sly PA.  To be honest, it tasted like Rt. 113 IPA to me but what do I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment