Saturday, March 27, 2010

Racer 5 and Tomato Pie

First thing today was the Easter Egg hunt.  Next my 4-year-old went to a party for one of the girls in her daycare class.  Then, finally it was time to hit the road.  Our goal was to visit my mother but first we would try to get the kids to sleep in the car.  Our usual drive in the country didn't produce the usual results.  All 3 kids stayed awake.  Since we traveled so far I decided to go into Union Jack's Inn on the Manatawny anyway.  Surely the kids could be good for 15 minutes while daddy is in the bar.  I ordered a Wilco Tango Foxtrot from Lagunitas Brewing Company.  Talk about a well balanced beer this is it.  Sure there was plenty of malty goodness but they must have used a massive amount of hops to make the balance.  This was a nicely bittered beer.  Back at the car the kids were getting pretty restless so it was time to get to my mothers house.  Along the way I stopped and picked up a tomato pie which I had ordered earlier in the morning.  I got the tomato pie from Corropolese in Douglassville.  This is the best tomato pie on the planet.  A short time later I was eating tomato pie and drinking Bear Republic Racer 5 out of a bottle.  Not a bad comination if I say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment