Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Not Bad for a Wednesday

As luck would have it, I was able to visit the Tap and Table in Emmaus, PA once again this evening.  It is Wednesday night and the place was very active.  As I was alone I was able to find a seat at the bar but if I had company we would have been hard pressed to find 2 seats next to each other at the bar.  I ordered a cask conditioned Blue Point Rastafa Rye ale.  It is advertised at 7.5% abv but you would never know it.  This is a great tasting, great mouth-feeling ale.  Between the alcohol, the candlelight and the live acoutic guitar music (sans singing) I was getting good and relaxed.  I already enjoyed the other 2 cask conditioned beers on an earlier visit (Brewdog Hardcore IPA and Bear Republic Red Rocket) so I decided to "settle" for a regular draught beer.  I ordered a Furthermore Oscura.  I knew nothing about this brewery or this beer but the bartender told me it was a dark lager and something about coffee beans.  Wow, this is an unusual beer.  I could smell the coffee long before the liquid got to my tongue.  Then there was this pleasant coffee taste, not at all bitter.  This beer is not for everyone and I'm OK with that.  More for me.  The only issue for me is that it is after 11:00pm and I am not at all sleepy.  Could it have something to do with the coffee in the Oscura?

No comments:

Post a Comment