Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Beer Is Hard Work

Lately I started drinking more bottled beer primarily because I was too lazy to run out and buy a keg or two to replaced the ones I kicked.  Last night I had a bottle of Railbender from  Erie Brewing Company .  That was the last straw.  I have been to Erie Brewing Company and I have enjoyed many of their beers but this one left me wanting.  I need a hoppy potent draught ale and I was determined to get one.

Tonight I took 2 of my daughters to Victory Brewing Company in Downingtown.  On the way out I picked up a sixtel of Hop Wallop.  Sounds great, right?  Then I got home and spent about an hour cleaning my taps and preparing for my new arrival (Hop Wallop).  During the process I started to wonder if it was worth the trouble.  Of course, maybe I was just inefficient at cleaning the taps.  Maybe I should be able to do it in 15 minutes, I don't know.  Regardless, I started questioning the whole thing.  The money spent on the sixtel, the travel to pick up the sixtel, the cleaning supplies, the electricity to run the kegerator, the investment I have in the kegerator etc.  Then I poured a Hop Wallop and took a long cool sip.  Yeah, it is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment