Saturday, September 26, 2009

Great Saturday

So my wife drops me off at the Craft Ale House in Royersford  so I can enjoy a nice beer.  I only have 20 minutes while she drives around with the kids asleep in the car.  I tell Rob at the bar that I'm looking for something unusual.  He suggests a St. Somewhere Saison Du Chene.  This turns out to be a quirky beer and exactly what I was looking for.  Citrusy and sour with a taste that I can't quite put my finger on.  I will definitely get another one of these when I get the chance.  It was so good I finish it quickly.  I have enough time to order a second beer.

Up next I order a Stone Sublimely Self Righteous ale.  This is a great beer.  The guy at the bar next to me looks at the dark color and asks me if I usually like "those malty beers".  I tell him I would not call this a malty beer.  If I didn't see the dark color of this beer I would have thought it was an IPA or double IPA. 

I say good bye to Rob at the bar and go to the parking lot expecting to see my wife and kids waiting.  After about 10 minutes on the parking lot waiting for my usually prompt wife I head back inside the Craft Ale House.  Rob asks me what's the matter.  I exclaim, "My wife has either left me or has been in a horrible accident...pour me a Stone Epic 090909".  This is another fine beer.  Have one when you get a chance.  I finish this beer and head out to the parking lot again and thankfully the van is back with wife and kids safe and sound.

Fast forward to home.  I have a 2-tap kegerator at home but I allowed both kegs to kick.  I dig through the refrigerator and open a bottle of Svyturys Ekstra.  They advertise this beer as "Lithuania's most popular" lager beer.  If Lithuania is inspired by American mass produced beer then they have done well (think Yuengling Lager). 

Finally, in the back of the fridge I find a bottle of Founder's Red's Rye.  Folks, this has to the be best bottled beer I have ever had.  I have had this beer on tap and I insist that it is just as good from the bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment