Saturday, October 3, 2009

Why Do They Call It Hop WALLOP?

It started off innocently enough.  I went to the Sly Fox in Phoenixville as I often do and I had a Pikeland Pils as I often do.  Then I ordered a Chester County Bitter from the hand pump because, as I stated in an earlier post, the Sly Fox finally got the great idea of keeping a real beer on the hand pump at all times.  Imagine my disappointment when I was told that nothing was on the hand pump.  What gives?  I grudgingly order a Royal Weisse (in a pint glass of course because I wanted to take advantage of the happy hour pricing).

I went home and had a couple of Hop Wallop's from my kegerator.  I say a couple because I didn't keep track of how many I had.  This morning I wish I actually had kept track.  You have to be careful with that stuff.   Victory Brewing Company claims an ABV of 8.5% but like all of their beers, I suspect it is actually higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment