Friday, September 18, 2009

Better Bitter

I stopped by the Sly Fox tonight to have a quick Pikeland Pils while waiting for my pizza from Rocco's next door. More precisely, while my family was waiting for that pizza from next door. I was in no particular hurry to eat. That Pils hit the spot quenching my Friday evening thirst. Of course, this being the third Friday of the month, it also happened to be Firkin Friday at the Sly Fox which meant something was being served on the hand pump.

I still haven't figured out why something is not always on the hand pump at the Sly Fox but that is for another day. On the pump tonight was Chester County Bitter. Unlike most English bitters, this one was actually bitter. Go figure. I liked this one. I hope it is on for a while as I would like to verify my conclusions about this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment