Tuesday, January 4, 2011

One Last Look Back at 2010

I made my way to Downingtown this evening to return an empty keg of Yakima Glory and hopefully get a full keg of something equally good.  Tonight was not my night.  I entered the parking lot steeling myself for that long cold walk from the outer reaches of the parking lot to the retail shop carrying my empty.  Then I rejoiced when the lot was virtually empty.  Then the reality set in.  Something is wrong.  The parking lot is never empty when the pub is open.  The lights were out and the depression set in.  I was not getting my replacement keg tonight.  As I found out later, they were having their staff party tonight.  Happy Holidays Victory folks.

I thought tonight would be a good opportunity to look at the kegs I tapped at my house in 2010.  Here they are in chronological order:

Victory - Prima Pils
Ithaca - Flower Power
Victory - Mad King
Terrapin - Rye Pale Ale
Founder's - Red's Rye
Victory - Hop Wallop
Dock St. - Saison DuPotts
Victory - Gassy Jack's
Founder's - Red's Rye (again)
Great Lakes - Burning River
Victory - Braumeister Pils
Sierra Nevada - Celebration
Victory - Yakima Glory
Dock St. - Hop Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment