Thursday, January 20, 2011

Not as Good as We Think?

So there I am reading travelandleisure.com and I'm looking at America's Favorite Cities 2010 in the category of "Microbrew Beer".  Considering all the hype those of us in the Philadelphia area give ourselves for great beer and beer events (Philly Beer Week etc) where do you think we ranked?  Well if you are from Philadelphia you probably said 12th.  That is where Philly residents ranked ourselves.  That surprises me.  I would have thought we would vote ourselves #1 whether deservedly or not.  Interestingly enough, visitors to Philadelphia voted us #17.  That's right, Portland, Maine and Portland, Oregon and a lot of cities in between all ranked higher than Philadelphia.  I'm thinking about moving.  Both Portlands seem a little cold.  I'm thinking somewhere warmer like Denver.

No comments:

Post a Comment