Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Couple of Dogs

I had lunch at the Flying Pig in Malvern yesterday.  The cheesesteak was great as usual.  I also had an OMG Pale Ale from Dock Street Brewing Company.  It was a good example of a pale ale.  It took a while for the cheesesteak to come out so I had time for another beer.  Next up was a Flying Dog Fresh Hop IPA.  I'm not a big fan of this beer.  It was OK.  It was not hoppy and even if you called it a pale ale it would not have been a really good pale ale.

In the evening I stopped in at the Drafting Room in Exton.  First up was a Regal Pilsner from Breckenridge Brewery.  I didn't care for this Imperial Pilsner at all.  It may be because I am spoiled.  I live between Victory Brewing Company in Downingtown and Sly Fox Brewhouse and Eatery in Phoenixville.  These guys both brew great pilsners that I have routinely at their pubs and at my house.  Back at the Drafting Room I ordered another Imperial Pilsner.  This time it was Alpha Dog from Laughing Dog Brewing.  I thought this one tasted pretty good but the question is, 'Did it taste good in comparison to the one before it, or did it simply taste good'?  I'll need another one in the future to know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment