Friday, January 28, 2011

Sore Throat and Bad Choices

I went to TJ's Restaurant and Drinkery in Paoli today for lunch.  I have been working my way through a sore throat for the past week and have been drinking more Scotch than beer.  In fact, beer (and certain other drinks and foods) has tasted kind of funny lately and I'm not sure if it is the sore throat or the lozenges I've been consuming.  Regardless, it was time for a beer.  I started with an Avec Les Bons Voeux from Brasserie DuPont.  I think this was a pretty good Saison but again with the throat thing I'm not sure.  I thought I should try something dark to see if it would eliminate the off taste my malady was giving me.  I had a Cappuccino Stout from Lagunitas.  This was 9.2% abv in something you would never expect.  It actually tasted a little light to me.  The flavors were good but not intense and the mouthfeel was lighter than I expected.  Regardless, I did enjoy it.  It was a poor choice on my part to have an Imperial Stout with a Buffalo Chicken wrap but so be it.  The wrap was awesome as usual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment