Sunday, January 9, 2011

Shoveling Snow and Drinking Beer

After shoveling the snow yesterday I worked up a thirst so I headed out to the Craft Ale House in Limerick.  I had an Angler's Pale Ale from Uinta Brewing Company.  I had never heard of this brewer before.  Apparently they are located in Utah.  This was a pretty good pale ale.  I then asked for a taste of Belgian Freeze from River Horse Brewing Company.  This is another brewer that I have never tried.  To my surprise I liked this Belgian Dark Ale.  I asked for a full glass and enjoyed it all the way down.  Finally I had a Broad Street Barleywind from Appalachian Brewing Company.  I haven't had one of these since the last time I visited the brewery in Harrisburg.  That had to be 5 or 6 years ago.  I always liked this barleywine.  And I really like the fact that it is one of their flagship beers.  That's right.  It's available year-round.  I have had these on 90 degree August afternoons.  As usual, when I got to the bar tonight there was only one seat at the bar and I felt lucky to get it.  When I left the bar was pretty much empty.  Go figure.

I amost forgot.  We were supposed to go to dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday but we cancelled due to the snow.  So when I got home I opened a bottle of 2006 Zepaltas La Cruz Pinot Noir.  It was a nice enough Pinot.

No comments:

Post a Comment