Friday, October 9, 2009

Typical Friday Night

Once again I stopped at the Sly Fox in Phoenixville while waiting for a pizza to cook next door.  It's happy hour and I intend to have one cheap beer and then pick up my pizza.  I ordered a Dunkel Lager for my one and only beer.  It is OK, not great.  JP behind the bar pours me a sample of the Columbus Pale Ale which is currently being served on the hand pump.  So of course, I end up ordering a pint of that as well.  I scold JP for up-selling me (cask conditioned beers at the Sly Fox are full priced even during happy hour).  Then I sit back and enjoy this one.  It is bitter and quite enjoyable.  I learn that they expect to put a new cask conditioned beer on every third Friday of the month and apparently Chester County Bitter on the first Friday with the goal of keeping a cask conditioned beer on at all times.  Let's hope it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment