Saturday, October 24, 2009

Drafting Room Exton - Port Brewing and Lost Abbey Promotion

I couldn’t resist the temptation to go to the Drafting Room in Exton, PA tonight. They were having a Port Brewing Company / Lost Abbey promotion. As it turns out, the Drafting Room apparently took it upon themselves to have this promotion despite the apparent lack of interest by the brewer or their representatives. I have to give credit to the Drafting Room. The line-up was awesome. If I hadn’t already had many of the beers listed, this night may have turned out drastically different than it did.

First up was the Port Brewing High Tide Fresh Hop Ale. This was a delicious golden beauty with a great bitter taste. I followed that with a Lost Abbey Red Barn. Don’t let the name fool you. This is not an American Red Ale. This is a farmhouse ale not unlike Ommegang Hennepin. I loved it. I finally moved on to the Lost Abbey Angel’s Share. First the complaints…it was $8.00 for a 10 oz pour. I have to tell you that I believe it was worth the $8.00. This was a meal in a glass. If you are looking for carbonation then this is not your beer. If you are looking for something complex and fruity (might I say almost like prune juice) with coffee and other flavors that make this more complex than a simple person like me can describe then this is your beer.
Hats off to the Drafting Room and to Port Brewing and Lost Abbey as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment