Sunday, October 25, 2009

Still Not a Fan of Dogfish Head

We were on our way to the pumpkin patch this fine Sunday afternoon when I noticed my 5 and 3-year-olds were asleep in the back of the van.  As it happens we were just passing by  Brother Paul's Pub and Restaurant in Eagleville, PA.  My wonderful wife let me go in while she drove around keeping the kids asleep.  I had a Troegs Brewing Company Troegenator.  It is a nice Double Bock, malty with a clear alcohol presence.  Against my better judgement I followed this with a Dogfish Head beer.  Against my better judgement because I am not a big fan of Dogfish Head.  I love the brewpub in Rehoboth Beach, DE but the beers are usually mediocre at best.  On tap today at Brother Paul's was the 120 Minute IPA.  A whopping 20% abv!  That was the best part.  The taste was another story.  They call this an IPA?  To me, it was sweet...not hoppy at all.  Once I got beyond the alcohol taste the rest was like a chemical...like drinking hairspray.  I want to like Dogfish Head beers, I really do.  I just can't learn to like them.  I'll try again in a couple of months to see if my taste has changed, or even better if their taste has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment