Friday, October 16, 2009

Third Friday, Firkin Friday

Once again I stopped at the Sly Fox on a Friday night while waiting for my pizza to get cooked next door at Rocco's Pizza.  It was before 6:00 by a couple of minutes so I had to take advantage of the happy hour pricing and chose the Pikeland Pils.  Truth be told, I probably would have chosen this one happy hour or not.  It is just a great start to my Friday night.  It also happens to be the third Friday night of the month which means Firkin Friday (i.e. they are putting on a new cask conditioned ale).  The new cask conditioned ale is Naked Wheat.  For some reason I don't think of wheat beers when I think of cask conditioned ales but that may just be my bias.  It was a pleasant beer but not exactly what I would call a full-flavored one.  It had a nice dry finish which is always good for me.  Next I noticed they had an Octoberfest on the menu.  I order one and it is actually quite good.  If you are looking for hops this is not your beer but it is a nice Octoberfest kind of beer with a clean malty taste.

Is it really the third Friday in October already?

No comments:

Post a Comment