Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Good Beer in Wayne, PA (and not at Teresa's Next Door)

Earlier this week I was out on the main line and ready for a late lunch.  I hoped to go to Teresa's Next Door in Wayne.  After parking the car and feeding the meter I walked over to TND but they were closed.  Luckily there was a Flanigan's Boathouse almost next door.  Me and my buddy went in and we were practically the only customer's in the place and definitely the only ones at the bar.  I started with a Mad Elf from Troeg's.  At 11% abv this was a good start to my lunch.  I followed with a bottled IPA from Long Trail Brewing Company.  This was a pleasant IPA, nothing extreme.  I ended with a draught of Chimay White.  What a perfect ending to a great lunch.  In between I also had a chicken wrap which was excellent.  I don't think the line-up can compete with Teresa's Next Door but if Teresa's continues with their weird hours I think the Boathouse is going to do just fine in this location.

No comments:

Post a Comment