Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Shopping and Such

I had a vacation day yesterday and went Christmas shopping at the King of Prussia Mall.  Of course lunch was at the Rock Bottom Brewery located in the mall.  I have returned to this brewery once or twice a year for many years now.  In fact I visited when it in a prior incarnation when it was called Brew Moon.  I always return with the hope that they will blow me away with their beers.  It just never seems to happen.  They are better now than I remember them to be but not great yet.  I had two beers yesterday and I don't remember their names and their website is no help.  The first beer I had yesterday was an IPA called something like Hoppy Haleeday".  It was a pleasant beer.  The second was a cask-conditioned Flemish Sour which was pretty good for an American brewer.  OK, I must admit this was very enjoyable.  I will visit again in a couple months to monitor their progress.

On the way home I stopped at the Sly Fox in Phoenixville.  First up was a Pikeland Pils to satisfy my thirst.  Then I noticed they had a couple different Saisons on.  I tried one called Casuelijck Saison which was very good.  I would like to taste this again with a Saison Vos next to it to see the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment