Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

On Wednesday I made my way to the Drafting Room in Exton after work.  I started with an Endeavor from Bear Republic.  I knew this was an English-style IPA so I didn't have my hopes up.  The English are not big fans of hops and an English IPA is likely to be what we might call a pale ale at best.  I got exactly what I expected.  It was a nice enough beer as you would expect from Bear Republic but I just don't care for the style.  I had to have a Bell's Two Hearted after that one just to get my hop levels back where they belong.

Tonight (Friday) I went to the Craft Ale House in Limerick.  It seems like such a long time since I was here.  I started with a Cascazilla Imperial Red Ale from Ithaca Beer Company.  This is a solid performer every time.  Not great but very good.  Next up was a DuganA IPA from Avery Brewing Company.  This is actually an Imperial IPA coming in at 8.5% abv.  It is a very good beer.

I bought a mixed case of Erie Brewing Company to take to Thanksgiving dinner.  I must say that I'm disappointed in this one.  The Railbender Ale is good as always but I'm not a big fan of the other three beers in the case.  They are Presque Isle Pilsner, Mad Anthony's APA and Misery Bay IPA.

No comments:

Post a Comment