Saturday, December 25, 2010

Nice Mix of Beers

On Thursday after work I stopped in at TJ's Restaurant and Drinkery in Paoli for a couple beers.  I started with a Hop Meadow IPA from Thomas Hooker Ales and Lagers.  I think this is the first beer I ever had from this brewer.  It was pretty good.  Next up was a Raging Bitch Belgian-Style IPA from Flying Dog Brewery.  It was from a firkin.  It was OK.  As I have said before, I'm not a big fan of this style but this one was pretty good.  After that I was thirsty for a "real" IPA so I got a DuganA from Avery Brewing Company.  Now that is a real IPA.  Imperial IPA to be precise.  My next stop was the Sly Fox in Phoenixville while waiting for my pizza to cook.  I had a Pikeland Pils.  Good ole Pikeland Pils.  It never disappoints. 

On Christmas Eve I went to Exton Beverage to pick up a sixtel of Dock St. Hop Garden.  This is a double IPA.  It is pretty good, not great.  On the way home I slipped into the Drafting Room in Exton.  I had a Shackamaximum from Philadelphia Brewing Company.  Actually I had a small taste of it first and didn't think I cared for it that much.  But, in the name of science I ordered a pint of it anyway.  I'm glad I did.  This is one of those beers where I didn't care for the first sip but once I got to the bottom of a pint I really enjoyed it.  Shackamaximum is an Imperial Stout that I will look for again.

1 comment:

  1. I had the Shackamaximum at Cherry Street Tavern in Center City yesterday. Wow! I loved it.

    ReplyDelete