Saturday, January 23, 2010

Union Jack's Inn and Polish Beers

What a gorgeous day in southeastern Pennsylvania.  Temperature is in the mid 40 degrees with a bright sun.  It was a perfect day to visit Union Jack's Inn on the Manatawny.  I only had time for one beer because my wife was in the car with only 1 sleeper (the other 2 were awake and not happy about sitting in the parking lot of some bar).  I had never heard of Issaquah Frog Rye IPA so that is what I ordered.  Wow!  This is a fantastic beer.  I have always been partial to rye beers but this one was exceptional. 

After Union Jack's we went to my mother's house for a visit.  My sister stopped by with a couple of Polish beers (there is no punch line here).  They were Zywiec (Zywiec Breweries PLC), Lezajsk 1525 brewed by Zakłady Piwowarskie w Leżajsku S.A. and Lech Premium beer from Browary Wielkopolski.  There is no need to go out and find any of these in a hurry.   It is nice to try new and different beers like these but I wouldn't want anyone to think these are worth going out of your way for.  None the less they were appreciated.

I still have room for a new keg in my kegerator.  Perhaps tomorrow we will go shopping.

2 comments:

  1. What prompted the purchase of Polish beer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she said a neighbor gave them to her. What prompted the neighbor to purchase the Polish beer I couldn't say.

    ReplyDelete