Friday, January 29, 2010

Good Beer Means No Parking

TJ's looked like they had a pretty good lineup tonight so after work I made my way to Paoli.  Would I get Founder's Double Trouble...Terrapin Hopsecutioner...Ithaca Cascazilla...Stone Oaked Arrogant Bastard...oh I couldn't wait to get there and decide.  But after a couple of trips around the parking lot I finally left in frustration.  Luckily the Flying Pig Saloon was right down the road in Malvern.  Unfortunately I had the same issue with parking.  Well it is after all Friday night.  I eventually found a spot to park and got inside the Flying Pig but had to stand while drinking my Dock Street Pale Ale.  It was a nice beer and luckily a spot opened at the bar so I could order a second beer.  This time it was an Imperial Stout from Thirsty Dog Brewing Company.  I was disappointed because it reminded me of the stouts I used to make as a homebrewer.  Although I always thought my stouts were pretty good for a homebrewer I expect more from a professional brewer.  Don't get me wrong.  This was not a bad beer...it brought back good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment