Friday, January 1, 2010

PSU and LSU and a Couple of Good Beers

I continued my recovery from whatever my illness was by watching the Penn State vs. LSU game all by myself.  Penn State wins 19-17?  It should have never been that close.  Anyway, after the game I head over to the Craft Ale House in Limerick for some dinner.  I start with a Pliny the Elder from Russian River Brewing Company.  It is awesome as usual.  The problem now if finding something to follow it.  I taste a Prism Bitto Honey IPA but there is no way I can follow a Pliny with that.    So I order a Sublimely Self Righteous from Stone Brewing Company which is quite good and worthy of following a Pliny.  I also order a pork sandwich which is excellent as usual.  Now I need to find something that is worthy of following a Sublimely Self Righteous which was worthy of following a Pliny the Elder.  I took a chance on Black Biscuit from Founder's Brewing Company.  I have seen this beer on the menu's of the good beer bars for a while but since I didn't see anything written about it I assumed it was an average dark beer.  Was I wrong.  This is a great dark beer.  It had all the flavor of the Breakfast Stout in a completely different beer.  Awesome beer.  If noone else wants to drink it that's fine with me.  More for myself.  Please don't drink the Black Biscuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment