Thursday, January 14, 2010

Great Beer and Customer Service

I knew that TJ's Restaurant and Drinkery in Paoli had Pliny the Elder from Russian River on tap as well as Hopslam from Bell's Brewery.  The temptation was too much so I stopped in after work for a quick one (and only one).  It would have been a tough decision but since I can't remember my last Hopslam I decided to go with a Hopslam this time even before I got there.  The parking lot was full as was the bar once I got in.  Before I could even squeeze my way to the bar I was greeted by Will who was tending to the folks seated in the bar area.  Will asked if I was here for the Hopslam or the Pliny.  Considering the numerous other good beers on tap I was impressed that he figured which two I would be interested in.  It's great when places like TJ's employ people who know beer and what beer lovers are looking for.  Will suggested a seat in the leather chair while he gets me a Hopslam.  Now that is customer service.  I lifted my glass towards my nose to take in the wonderful floral aroma and I didn't even have to get the glass close.  I took my first sip expecting the possibility that there may be a harsh hop bite but of course there was not.  This is a great beer.  Even the alcohol (10% abv) was well hidden.  Now maybe I can go back tomorrow for a Pliny.

No comments:

Post a Comment