Saturday, January 9, 2010

Good Beer and Lousy Football

So last night I stopped in to the Sly Fox in Phoenixville after ordering a couple of pizza's from Roccos's next door  As I was waiting at the Sly Fox I ordered a Pikeland Pils.  As luck would have it I had time for an Oatmeal Stout.  This is really a good stout.  Not to be confused with O'Reilly's Stout.

On Saturday I found my way to Union Jack's Inn on The Manatawny.  I had 3 beers all of which I have had before.  All were excellent.  They are Stone 13th Anniversary, Hop 15 from Port Brewing, and of course Founder's Breakfast Stout. 

After getting the kids to bed, I went out to TJ's in Paoli.  I enjoyed a Wake and Bake from Terrapin.  OK, this is no Breakfast Stout, but it is a great stout none the less.

As is usual, there were no seats at the bar when I came in.  Scott at the bar told me to go to the end of the bar where there were a couple of seats available.  To his credit, he came back later and suggested a couple of better seats as they became abailable. 

Next up was an Ithaca Flower Power IPA.  Yeah, this is a great IPA.  It has both a floral aroma and taste.   I can't wait to have another. 

Ok, I really couldn't care less about the NFL but since it is on the TV I feel compelled to comment.  The city of Philadelphia really believes the Eagles can win a Superbowl???  Seriously?  With Donovan McNabb?  It is very polite to say we can win with this guy but seriously?  Come on.  Does anyone really believe it is going to happen next year?  You are only kidding yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment