Monday, November 16, 2009

Sick Day

I am home with a sick child today.  Well, not actually home because my house is getting a new roof today.  So, I am at my mother's house with my sick child today.  As it happens, my mother lives a couple of minutes away from the Craft Ale House in Limerick.  Not one to miss an opportunity like this I stopped in.  First I tried a Terrapin Depth Charge.  It is a milk stout.  It was OK.  It had more carbonation than I expected.  I then ordered an Ommegang Rare Vos.  It should be named Rare Find because although I have had this in bottles before I have never seen it on draught.  This is a fine beer.  Clean and spicy.  It would be easy to believe this was a real Belgian beer.

1 comment:

  1. A bunch of questions:

    What's a milk stout?

    We need a top ten list of your favorite IPAs.

    RJM

    ReplyDelete