Monday, November 9, 2009

Black Raspberry Reserve Revisited

I was racking up the leaves yesterday and developed quite a thirst.  I ran over to the Sly Fox in Phoenixville for a Pikeland Pils.  On the way in I noticed my sister and her family sitting there having dinner with friends.  They must have forgot that I live near Phoenixville when they were planning this outing.  Anyway, I had my Pikeland Pils and it was just what the doctor ordered.  Although I only intended on having one beer for some reason I changed my mind.  That Black Raspberry Reserve caught my eye.  I haven't had one in a long while.  You don't have to like beer to like this beer.  You do however, need to like raspberries.  They say there is malted barley, wheat and hops in this beer but I can only taste raspberries.  That is not a complaint.  I enjoyed this beer thoroughly.

4 comments:

  1. And you must have forgotten where we live when you stopped in at Brother Paul's the other week..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody ever calls me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised that you liked somethat that raspberry-y ... I thought that you went for more subtle flavors in fruit-flavored beer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, if I want to go have a beer this is not the kind of beer I would generally order. But it is a refreshing change. And, every once in a while I go back and revisit beers whether I liked them initially or not. This lets me see if my taste has changed or sometimes maybe the beer has changed.

    ReplyDelete