Saturday, November 28, 2009

Running Errands Saturday

Running errands yesterday I ended up in Malvern so this necessitated a visit to the Flying Pig.  They had a great line up but I already had most so I decided to start with a Terrapin Pale Ale.  This was ok, but nothing great.  Then I ordered a Dock Street Hop Garden double IPA.  This is a great beer.  I am starting to become a big fan of this brewer.  It occurred to me that I was not far from TJ's Restaurant and Drinkery in Paoli.  I ordered an Avery Dugana double IPA so I might compare it to Dock Streets.  I would like to root for the home team but I have to give this one to Avery.  It was smoother with a great hop profile.  Next up was Wolaver's Organic Oatmeal Stout.  This was a nice clean beer but nothing extraordinary.

One thing I noticed today...The Flying Pig was jam packed and I was lucky to find a seat at the bar.  TJ's on the other hand was not busy at all.  I really don't have an explanation for this.  These two bars are reasonably close to each other and have similar lineups.  Both have really good food.  And yet one is busy and the other is not?

No comments:

Post a Comment