Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Treats

The kids fell asleep in the car Saturday afternoon and I found my way over to the Craft Ale House in Limerick.  With the wife and kids on the parking lot I didn't waste any time.  I tried the Terrapin Pumpkinfest.  This was an average pumpkin beer.  Not great but nothing wrong with it either.  At least the pumpkin wasn't overdone.  I couldn't resist ordering a Port Brewing Company Hop 15.  This is an excellent IPA.  I didn't have time to savor it but I still enjoyed the 10 minutes I had with this beer.  On the way out I grabbed a bottle of Coronado Islander IPA.  This was a nice IPA.  I will look for it on draught in the future to see if it is better than just "nice".

3 comments:

  1. Did you see this article in USA Today about the higher alcohol content in beer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, here's the article:

    http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-11-03-beer_N.htm?poe=HFMostPopular

    ReplyDelete
  3. For probably the first time ever I actually agree with Mothers Against Drunk Driving. These higher alcohol beers (in fact ALL beers) should be properly labeled with the alcohol content (ABV). By the way, it wasn't lost on me that the COE of Mothers Against Drunk Driving was named "Chuck". I expected something a little more feminine.

    ReplyDelete