Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Out With Hop Wallop and In With Yakima Twilight

My Hop Wallop kicked last night so I stopped into Victory Brewing Company in Downingtown tonight to get another sixtel.  My wife wanted me to get another Hop Wallop but as usual I wanted to try something different.  They had a sixtel of Yakima Twilight and although I have had it before I couldn't remember what it was all about.  So the only thing to do was walk over to the bar and order one before taking a chance on a sixtel of something I may not like.  Of course, as is usually the case, there was not a seat available at the bar.  I hate standing while drinking a beer and it seems like these days that is the only way to have a beer at the Victory...standing.  I think they are a victim of their own success.  Back to the beer...Yakima Twilight is a dark ale that surprises you with a big hop nose.  Although I'm sure that the generous hops are responsible for the considerable bitterness it seemed to me that the dark malt was responsible as well.  It was as if I was tasting bitter chocolate underneath this beer.  Maybe I imagined that flavor and maybe not.  I brought home a sixtel of the Yakima Twilight so I'll have plenty of opportunity to either confirm or dismiss the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment