Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday at TJ's

After work tonight I stopped in at TJ's in Paoli.  It was busy as usual.  I got a Yellow Tail Pale Ale from Ballast Point Brewing Company.  I have had these before and always sort of felt disappointed.  I think I finally figured out why.  I always assumed this was a pale ale as I think the name implies.  However, it is actually a Kolsch.  I have never appreciated this style of beer.  I'm guessing this is a good example of a Kolsch it's just that I personally don't care for Kolsch.  It was really busy and I hate standing while drinking a beer.  Scott at the bar must have noticed me dodging the servers passing by with their trays etc (or the servers complained to Scott about the old dude getting in the way) and he took the time to come around the bar to where I was standing just to tell me there was a seat or two available at the other end of the bar.  I think it is that kind of customer service that is driving TJ's success along with their impressive beer offerings (and I suppose the food).  Now that I was comfortably at the bar I decided to have another.  This time it was Idiot IPA from Coronado Brewing Company.  This is a nice DIPA and a good finish to the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment