Wednesday, November 3, 2010

More Massachusetts Beers

Wednesday night in central Massachusetts and I decide to go get some beer to take home with me tomorrow night.  I go to  Julio's Liquors in Westborough.  This place rocks.  I got a six pack of Leather Lips IPA from Haverhill Brewery and a six pack of Opa Opa IPA.  I also got 22oz Bombers of Port High Tide, Port Wipeout, and Port Hop 15.  I won't have any of those until I get home.  Instead, I go to my favorite bar in the world, Horseshoe Pub & Restaurant in Hudson, MA.  I had an excellent seafood casserole and onion rings.  Both were to die for.  I also got a Be Hoppy from Wormtown Brewing in Worcester, MA.  This is a very good IPA with a great taste and great mouthfeel.  I ended with a cask-conditioned double IPA from Opa Opa.  Now I was down on Opa Opa for a 12 pack I brought home from last trip up this way and as you can see I am giving them every chance I can.  This was a good double IPA.  Not great but good.  The alcohol was in your face with nothing great to back it up.  Final decision on Opa Opa comes when I taste that IPA I took home in six-pack form.

No comments:

Post a Comment