Tuesday, November 23, 2010

As Beers Go By

There's been so many beers since my last post I can hardly keep up.

Saturday 11/13 I stopped in the Drafting Room in Exton.  They were having a Fresh Hop event.  I had to stand so I only stayed for one beer.  It was a Heavy Handed IPA from Two Brothers.  This was a nice IPA and I'll look forward to having another in the future.

Sunday 11/14 I stopped back in the Drafting Room in Exton and this time I didn't have to stand but with the family waiting in the car I couldn't stay long.  I had a Fresh Hop from Troeg's which was very good.  Next I took a chance.  I am thus far not a big fan of Philadelphia Brewing but I ordered their Harvest From the Hood regardless.  This is a pale ale?  It was a lot darker than you might expect.  But this was a very good beer.

During the following week I had obligations for work every evening.  My beer choices were limited.  On Tuesday I had one Heineken.   That was enough.  I then ordered a Kettle One neat.  That did the trick.  On Wednesday the best I could find was Blue Moon.  OK, this was actually pretty good coming out of a tap I must admit.  On Thursday it was one Stella Artois (bottle).  That was enough. I continued through the evening with Sam Adam's Boston Lager (bottles).  Nuff said.

Friday 11/19 I was back at the Drafting Room.  I had a High Tide from Port Brewing which was awesome.  Then I had a Northern Hemisphere Wet Hop from Sierra Nevada.  I wasn't expecting much especially following that Port but guess what?  It was a very good beer.  My hat's off to Sierra Nevada.

Saturday 11/20 I was at the Exton Mall and needed a quick lunch.  We went to Rino's.  Having enjoyed a Sierra Nevada product the day before I thought I'd give them another try.  Rino's had Tumbler on tap.  And yes...I liked this one a lot also.  Maybe I should re-think how I feel about Sierra Nevada.

Sunday 11/21 I made a quick stop in Union Jack's Inn on the Manatawny.  I had an Unearthly from Southern Tier.  This beer is over the top with alcohol and hops.  Yes, it was very good but maybe a little harsh for me.  There was a time when I would have thought this was the best beer I ever had but I think my tastes are starting to mellow.  Don't get me wrong.  It was a very good beer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment