Saturday, August 21, 2010

You Gotta Pay If You Wannna Play

My wife left with the kids for a weekend of fun with her parents in upstate Pennsylvania.  She made sure to leave me a list of things to do while they were away.  After completing a considerable amount of work (not enough I am sure) I decided enough was enough.  It was about 7:00pm and I was ready to stop working and start recharging my batteries.  I showered up and headed for the Craft Ale House in Limerick.  Their website said they had Russian River Registration Ale and Port Wipeout IPA.  I already knew what I was going to drink tonight before I left the house.  When I got to the Craft Ale House and looked at their draught menu guess which two beers were scratched off?  Yep, Registration Ale and Wipeout IPA.  That figures.  I sampled a Blast DIPA from Brooklyn Brewery.  As is usually the case with this brewer, I didn't care for the beer.  So I got a Loose Cannon from Heavy Seas instead.  This is a nice enough IPA but nothing special.  I would get it again though.  The Craft Ale House did have a beer from Twin Lakes on the list.  I remembered reading about a brewery starting up near Greenville Delaware (Wilmington) a while back and I always wanted to give the local guys a chance.  So I ordered a Greenville Pale Ale.  It was OK.  Again, nothing great but a nice pale ale none the less.  After that there was nothing else on the menu that I wanted...except of course that Rodenbach Grand Cru which I did not want to pay $7.50 for a 10 oz. pour.  Guess what I ordered...yep...a Rodenbach Grand Cru.  You know what?  Considering the options tonight I have no regrets even considering the astronomical price.  It was awesome as usual.  The fish and chips I had for dinner was pretty good as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment