Monday, August 16, 2010

No Great Beers But Some Great Crock Pots

On Saturday I had to go to the Exton Mall to pick up a new Crock Pot.  Actually I picked up 2 new Crock Pots.  One 6 quart for entres and one small one for dips and things like that.  It was about the most fun I could have without beer.  Since I was in Exton I went to the Drafting Room for a cold drink.  I asked for a Luciérnaga from Jolly Pumpkin.  After attempting to pour one I was told something was wrong and it was just pouring foam.  I had to pick something else.  Somewhat disappointed I asked for a Summer Session from Dock Street.  From there my disappointment grew.  This was an OK beer but I have come to expect greatness from Dock Street.  Next up was a Rogue Mogul Ale.  This is a big red hoppy beer and a good one at that.  With nothing else interesting on the chalkboard I decided to head up the road to Ron's Original Bar and Grille.  I started with a Double Wit from Great Divide Brewing Company.  This is not my style of beer but I will say that the 8.1% alcohol was well hidden.  Next up was a Shark Attack from Port Brewing Company.  I have had this beer a couple of times now but this time it wasn't as good as I remember.  It seemed to have a chemical taste to it and I don't mean the 9% abv.

No comments:

Post a Comment