Saturday, August 21, 2010

Good Beer Free

I hadn't been to TJ's Restaurant and Drinkery in what seems like a very long time.  I also noticed that they had a couple of good ones on tap so I decided it was time to visit.  I asked for a Jack D'or from Pretty Things.  This is a nice Saison.  I think it is interesting that  Pretty Things is a gypsy brewer.  Maybe I should be a gypsy brewer.  How do you go about getting a gig like that?  Anyway, the Jack D'or kicked but at least I got a little free beer...the half glass or so that was in my glass when the keg kicked.  Next I asked for a Little Sumpin' Sumpin' from Lagunitas.  It was awesome as usual.  Love that pine and grapefruit combo.  I had a quick taste of Newbold IPA from Philadelphia Brewing Company.  They need to work on that one a little bit.  I'll try it again within the next year or so to see how they are doing.  I finished with a Hop Head Red from Green Flash Brewing Company.  This is a very good American Red Ale.  Hoppy as you might expect with a name like that.  It was a great way to end the visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment