Saturday, August 14, 2010

Friday at the Craft Ale House

My boss was kind enough to let me work from home today.  I am sure I gave him more than 8 hours of solid performance but this also allowed me to get to the Sly Fox in Phoenixville by about 5:00pm.  Last Friday I got there a little after 5:00pm and the place was mobbed.   This time not so bad.  I ordered a Jake's ESB which was OK.  I asked JP about the crowd last week and he said it was because they were having their grand opening.  That is typical of me.  I stumble into a grand opening and don't even realize it.  Of course the place opened several months ago but that is besides the point.  Anyway getting back to tonight, after a little disappointment with the Jake's I had a Chester County Bitter from the hand pump.  This is a really good session beer.  I followed that with a good old Pikeland Pils and everything was OK.

Later in the evening I made my way to the Craft Ale House in Limerick.  I started with a Pharmhouse Arrest from Philadelphia Brewing Company.  I must admit I was a little disappointed.  It wasn't bad but it was nothing to write home about.  Then I had a Black IPA from 21st Amendment Brewery.  This was a really nice beer.  And now I'll show my ignorance.  What is the difference between this style and a really good black and tan made from a nice IPA and porter?

Next up was a Big Eye IPA from Ballast Point.  It was not as good as I remembered. 

Let's go home and have a couple of good ones from the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment