Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Two Fresh Kegs

I somehow allowed both of my taps to go dry at the same time.  I kicked the Victory Hop Wallop about a week ago and then the Dock Street Saison DuPotts kicked yesterday before I could replace the Hop Wallop.  So tonight after work I was on an adventure.  After running a few quick errands I went to Exton Beverage and picked up a sixtel of Red's Rye PA from Founder's Brewing Company.  I have had this on tap at home before and it never disappoints.  Then I went down the road to Downingtown and the Victory Brewing Company.  I returned my keg ready to pick up another one and I noticed they had a sixtel of something called Gassy Jacks Bitter.  Since I was unfamiliar with this beer I strolled out of the retail shop and into the bar to order a pint.  The chalkboard signaled a 4.7% abv for this beer.  Quite low for Victory I thought.  Despite the low alcohol content I ordered one and to my surprise I really liked this beer.  They call it an American Bitter.  It poured copper with a white head.  I was satisfied enough that I went back to the retail shop and got that sixtel to take home with me.  It is a refreshing change to the usually extreme Victory beers.

Once home I thoroughly cleaned my system and replaced the beer lines.  By the time I was done it was 10:30pm.  I tapped both kegs and of course had to pour one of each.  When I carried them upstairs my wife had already fallen asleep.  Now here I sit with a Gassy Jack and a Red's Rye all to myself.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment