Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Quick Weekend Update

Here's a quick update on beers I tried since the last update on Friday.  Ground Break Saison from Ithaca Beer company was a nice beer.  I am really enjoying Saisons lately.  This one is not as good as the Dock Street I have on tap at home but it is a nice beer.  I had a 2X4 IPA from Bavarian Barbarian Brewing Company.  I thought it was a really good IPA.  In fact it got better the closer I got to the bottom of it.  I had never heard of this brewer before but they are in Williamsport, PA.  There may be a road trip in the near future.  I had a Left Coast Hop Juice from Oggi's Pizza & Brewing Co.  This is a big DIPA but I was not crazy about the taste.  I need to try it again some time in the future.  I finally got to try a Zuur from Brewery Ommegang.  This is a Flemish Sour Old Brown Ale.  It tasted a lot like Rodenbach to me.  I would like to try these two side-by-side one day.  It's hard to believe this was brewed in New York.  Finally I had a Sorachi Ace Pale Ale from the Sly Fox.  It was OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment