Saturday, July 10, 2010

Nothing Interesting Here

It was kind of a boring Friday night.  First stop was TJ's Restaurant and Drinkery in Paoli.  I ordered a Honey Rye from Lake Placid Pub and Brewery.  It was not an unpleasant beer but also not what I was looking for.  This was one of those beers you could enjoy after mowing the lawn.  I wanted something bigger and bolder so I ordered a Russian Imperial Stout from (are you ready for this?) Bierbrouwerij Grand-Café Emelisse.  This is apparently a brewpub in the Netherlands.  The chalkboard listed a price of $7.25 or $7.50 something like that.  I can't remember but it doesn't matter because it was a kegkicker special which means I got it for $3.00.  This was a very nice beer but I would never pay full price for one.  For $3.00 it was a bargain. 

I didn't see anything else on the chalkboard that was interesting and that I didn't have recently.  So I headed for the Flying Pig in Malvern.  I ran into the same problem here.  Nothing interesting on tap that I haven't had recently.  I tasted a Derailed Black Cherry Ale from Erie Brewing Company but this was too sweet for my taste.  I ordered a Piraat Ale because you don't see this on tap every day.  It was good as usual.  Anything from Belgium is going to be good, right?.  The 10.5% alcohol doesn't hurt either. At least not on the night that you are drinking it.  This is actually brewed by Brouwerij Van Steenberge N.V.  I'm not sure why it is called a Belgian IPA but what do I know?

I had to get home and pour a Saison DuPott's.  Ahh...that's so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment