Monday, July 5, 2010

Fireworks and beer (not simultaneously)

It seems like just last week we were at Sesame Place and we were right back again this Saturday.  So after a day of water rides and roller coasters and finally fireworks at 9:00 there was still enough time to go to Isaac Newtons for a beer or two.  Naturally the kids were asleep before we left the parking lot of Sesame Place.  I started with a Duvel Green.  After a day like today this was the perfect beer.  As far as I'm concerned it is just as good as the regular Duvel without the big alcohol punch.  The only problem I had with this beer is that I finished it in about 10 minutes.  At least that saved me time to have another.  This time I chose Undercover Shut-Down Ale from Lagunitas.  I had this beer before and enjoyed it a lot.  Same thing this time.  It is bitter and sweet with big alcohol (9.7%).  It was a nice ending to a great day. 

In other news I tapped a new keg yesterday.  It is Saison DuPotts from Dock Street Brewing Company.  I love these farmhouse ales and this one is a great example of this style.  It is 5.75% abv and has a wonderful dry finish.  We had a party yesterday to celebrate the Fourth of July and I discovered one thing about this beer.  It is one of those rare beers that I really enjoy and yet my Mom can enjoy as well.  Even though I had her beloved Miller Lite at the house she chose to have a Saison DuPotts.   Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment