Friday, July 23, 2010

Planning is Everything

Friday night and I'm happy to end another work week.  I see TJ's Restaurant and Drinkery in Paoli have tapped a keg of Pliny the Elder from Russian River.  I guess I'll have to go for one right?  Before I settle into my bar stool Scott behind the bar shines up a glass in expectation that I have come in for the Pliny.  I throw him a curve ball.  "I'll have the Jai Alai IPA from Cigar City".  He looks at me in disbelief but I want to enjoy two beers tonight.  I know that if I start with a Pliny then I will only enjoy one beer tonight (unless I have 2 Pliny's which would violate my one-only rule...one of any beer in a sitting only).  Anything after a Pliny will taste mediocre at best.  I enjoyed the heck out of the Jai Alai but the whole time I am staring at that empty, shiny Pliny glass that Scott left in front of me.  As I get to the bottom of the Jai Alai Scott asks "Do you want me to fill that now"?  I nod yes.  I then spend the next 20 minutes or so sipping on that Pliny the Elder and enjoying every second.  My plan worked perfectly.  I enjoyed two beers tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment