Monday, May 3, 2010

No Time Left For You

Not even enough time to blog.  What a crazy life.  This past Saturday...Union Jack's Inn on the Manatawny...3 beers.  Souther Tier Oak Aged Unearthly Imperial IPA, yeah it's as good as it sounds.  Double D IPA from Otto's Pub and Brewery in State College.  Another good Imperial IPA.  After all these hops I was looking for something malty.  Java Head Stout from Troeg's Brewing Company would do the trick.  This is good.  If you like coffee you will think this one is good as well.

Then Craft Ale House in Limerick.  2 beers.   Bruery Rugbrod was first up.  Now I like rye beers a lot.  But this one was not my favorite.  Don't get me wrong...I'll get one again in the future but it wasn't fantastic.  I guess I wasn't expecting it to be that dark I don't know.  Finally I had a chance to  try a beer from Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales.  I had the Bam Biere.  I usually like the saison style and I know this brewer has a great reputation but this was not my favorite saison.  I suspect that it is my ignorance.  I probably really like Americanized versions of the style.  Perhaps one day I will graduate to the real deal.  I will say that it is very dry and I like that.  I will need to have another to be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment